Tuesday 5 April 2011

Collection of Favorite Love Quotes








Love is a gift, pure, beautiful, mysterious and always intriguing.   


Here is a collection of my favorite love quotes.  They serve as an inspiration, as a reminder of something beautiful in our life.






Love rules without rules. (Amore regge senza legge.) - Italian Proverb


Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.- Zora Neale Hurston


For love is heaven, and heaven is love. - Walter Scott


Love must be as much a light as it is a flame.- Henry David Thoreau


Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, and then you must forget the rules and play from your heart. – Unknown


Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I really need it.- Swedish Proverb


When you love someone, you love them with their faults. - Hermann Hesse


Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted. - Rabindranath Tagore


Love is making friends with fear because fear is the constant companion of intimacy. - Allen L Roland


Without love we grope the tunnels of our lives and never see the sun. - Jeanette Winterson

When I fell in love it was as though I looked into a mirror for the first time and saw myself. - Jeanette Winterson

You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. – Robert Jordon


Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you. -  Sarah Dessen


Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit. - Khalil Gibran


Love possesses not nor would it be possessed. - Khalil Gibran (The Prophet)

Think not you can direct the course of love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself. - Khalil Gibran (The Prophet)

You put your lips on my forehead and lit a holy lamp inside my heart. – Hafiz

One regret, dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough.  – Hafiz


Love calls - everywhere and always.  We're sky bound.  Are you coming? – Hafiz

Love is a growing up. - James Baldwin

To love is never wrong. It may be disastrous; it may never be possible; it may be the deepest agony. But it is never wrong. - Alison Croggon

There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder. - Charles Morgan

Paradise is always where love dwells. - Jean Paul F. Richter

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

One heartbreak is like a thousand lessons. Loving again is learning them. - Sandra McKendry

You can give without loving but you can’t love without giving. - Ami Carmichael

He who love touches not walk in darkness. – Plato

I have learned not to worry about love; But to honor its coming with all my heart. - Alice Walker

The fastest way to lose love is to hold on too tightly, and the best way to keep love is to give it wings. – Unknown



Love me without fear; Trust me without questioning

Need me without demanding; Want me without restrictions

Accept me without change; Desire me without inhibitions

For a love so free.... Will never fly away.

Dick Sutphen


Love is the absence of judgment. -  Dalai Lama XIV

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. – Unknown


When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains.  It’s safe.  Let go. - Elizabeth Gilbert  (Eat Pray Love)


If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. - Jennifer James


Love is a flower, you’ve got to let it grow. - John Lennon


True love begins when nothing is looked for in return. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Love is the poetry of the senses. - Honoré de Balzac


Love asks me no questions, And gives me endless support... - William Shakespeare


I  fill myself with love and I send that love out into the world.  How others treat me is their path, how I react is mine. - Dr Wayne Dyer


Make this your standard response to any future altercations. I end on love, no matter what! - Dr Wayne Dyer 


Any love quotes or poem will be incomplete without my beloved Rumi!  His poems and quotes are romantic, flowery and full of imageries.

To Love is to reach God.

Let us fall in love again and scatter gold dust all over the world.

I miss you so much that I would fly to you faster than a bird.

I am the glorious sun, the ocean laden with pearls.
Within my heart is the grandeur of heaven.

The garden of Love is green without limit
and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy.
Love is beyond either condition:
without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.

The heart has its own language.
The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.

Oh Beloved,
take me.
Liberate my soul.
Fill me with Your love and
release me from the two worlds.
If I set my heart on anything but You
let fire burn me from inside.

Oh Beloved,
take away what I want.
Take away what I do.
Take away what I need.
Take away everything
that takes me from You.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

Love is the water of life: receive it in thy heart and soul.

This is love:  to fly toward a secret sky,
to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment.
First to let go of life.
Finally, to take a step without feet. 

(Enjoy here the Love Poems of Rumi, recited by: 
Dr Deepak Chopra & Madonna)

My top most favorites are from these three inspiring women, Louise Hay, Mary Manin Morrissey and Byron Katie:

I am worth loving. I do not have to earn love. I am lovable because I exist. - Louise Hay

Put love first. Entertain thoughts that give life. And when a thought or resentment, or hurt, or fear comes your way, have another thought that is more powerful -- a thought that is love. -Mary Manin Morrissey

Spare yourself from seeking love, approval, or appreciation - from anyone. And watch what happens in reality, just for fun. - Byron Katie

Do you want to meet the love of your life?  Look in the mirror. - Byron Katie

I believe that to love oneself first is a vital component in one's life.  For, how could you ever begin to love another if you don’t love yourself first?  Love is like the sunshine in our heart and as it brightens up our life, its light and warmth can be seen and felt  by everyone around you.  How dark our lives would be should love disappear from our lives. He who finds love, finds life!
May love always bloom in the gardens of your heart!

Do you like any of the love quotes mentioned here or have others?  Do share them here, under Comments.



PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE MOVED HERE.




Youtube video "Love Poems of Rumi"  by: Talanehzar

Photo Credit: fotosearch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment