Sunday 27 February 2011

If I Had My Life to Live Over






This poem was written by Erma Bombeck after she found out she was dying from cancer.  Unfortunately, we don’t get to live our lives again!  But, as the saying  goes, “ if you do it right, once is enough.”

It's human nature to value something only when we are about to lose it!

Yes, I've been guilty of some of these things.  Sometimes, we worry too much about the little things, about keeping appearances … and neglecting what’s really important in our lives.  Things can be replaced but time spent with our loved ones can never come back if we don’t know how to appreciate them when we have the opportunity to do so.

This poem is a reminder to me not to sweat the small stuff and to value the people around me.  An untidy house is nothing compared to the love and joy that family and friends bring to it.  And, especially with kids, there is no "later" because before you  know it, they are all grown up and gone far away from you.  So, all you have is "now" with them.
  
Like me, I hope you will take away a lesson or two from this poem, too.

What lesson would you take away from this poem?  Share your thoughts here under comments.  And, if you like this post, share it with friends on Twitter and Facebook.


Youtube video "If I Had My Life To Live Over" by angelseta

No comments:

Post a Comment